Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Stuck!

This story is good for a laugh!

I was on a mission yesterday to find some ice melt and an ice breaker. Not that I really know what an ice breaker is for sure but I am supposed to go get one. We had a drop deck that was covered in ice and snow and it needed to be removed so we could make a delivery today.

So I go to Kmart first to see what they have in stock. I walk in and towards the back where these things SHOULD be -- what do I find instead -- planting soil, planting tools -- Spring stuff. Have these people not looked outside recently? It is STILL winter here in Iowa! So off to another store to have a look!

I head to Walmart thinking they always have what I need. I should have known it was a no go when I first walked in the door. Typically they have the ice melt right in the front and there was none. So I head back to the seasonal area and take a look. I see no ice melt and no ice breaker.

I look out in the "garden" area and wow -- hey that looks like that ice breaker dohickey! So I head on out with my cart --door opens and closes. I take a look around and dang not it -- there are hole diggers, shovels, hoes and gardening material. It's cold out here and not what I need so I have go to go Menards so I start to go back in the store.

I push my cart to the doors and nothing. Hmmmmmmm -- they don't open. Great -- not cool. I go up to the door and look for a button or something to make them open. Nada -- I try to pry -- Nada! So I see a lady inside and I knock loudly -- she ignores me. So I think ok - I will just go out and around. So I look around to find a way out of the caged area. Nothing!

Oh great -- I am competely stuck in here lol What am I going to do?!!?? So I call my son -- hey can you get me the number to Walmart - I am locked out. "Locked Out???" They wont' let you in or what? lol So I explain and of course he starts laughing. Tis not funny -- it's cold get me the number. So he has to go find it and I tell him to call me back!

About that time I hear a car door open and see a lady headed around the side and I holler out at her -- hey can you go around and let me in!! She looks at me like I am completely insane. But says she will come around and let me in. So I go back to the door and wait and see this guy walking around in near the door. I pound really hard and he FINALLY comes over and lets me in!

OMG -- I was so freakin embarrassed. He thought it was funny as well! lol So note to self -- do NOT go out that door when it is cold lol Cuz ya can't get back in!

Hope ya had a good laugh

1 comments:

Beth said...

LOL nice job becky
and theyve had bathing suits in our stores since after christmas... what's up wiht that?!?!?! who needs a bathing suit when its 10 degrees outside?!